Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Scars


click for larger view
Been working away lately and the year is going by so fast! I can't believe it's already May. Where is 2011 going? So far this year has been full of surprising opportunities and good things.  Just finished two new pieces. I'll post more about them later when they go live and such. These were super fun to create! I always enjoy painting Gnolls and weird alien creatures.

click for larger view
This critter above was actually inspired by an older sketch I did. You can find him in one of the sketchbook pages of this post.
Trying to fit in personal work lately. Finding it harder to find time for things of the sort though. However, it is a must so I'll be posting some progress here soon to stay on top of it more. I have a new project I've just become a part of. I'll be working as lead artist for a new start-up in Seattle, WA. I'm very excited about the project (as it involves a huge amount of creatures) and I can't wait to start sharing work. I'll be posting news and such as we release content online. Of course, this is a freelance gig so I'll be staying here in Oakland for the time being. :)
Here is something I'm currently working on:

click for larger view

Obviously still a work in progress. I've warmed up to the image in the process of creating it but I'm not sure if I'll keep it around. I'm wanting to update my website with some new work and this image was the beginning of that...

 

I'd also like to post a reminder about my book "FishHooks". May is my birthday month so if you buy FishHooks during this month you can save 15%! I had a lot of fun putting together this book and have started plans for my second volume. Of course, that means that I will probably discontinue this book once I release volume 2 this fall. You can view more images of the book here: http://www.fishhookstudio.com/2010/09/fish-hooks/
You can buy FishHooks on Lulu.com, here: http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/fish-hooks/12917022
Anyway, I suppose that's it for now. I'll be posting more news soon!



No comments: