Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Red Valley


Things have been bittersweet lately. The sketch up above was something I thought I'd finish but it's been "collecting dust". I've had some really great prospects for a new job coming up soon. I'm really very excited about it! It would definitely be a step up and more in the direction I'd like to go with my career. Of course, as it is with movies and video games, everything is "Non-disclosure". I can share things as I go along though. I've been working closely with Sychey Games recently on a new project they are creating. Here is some artwork that I am allowed to share. Sketches for Plasmagonia™ :




This project has been a blast to work on so far! Lots and lots of creatures to design. I'll be sharing more about this project as it moves forward too!

I suppose (some) of the bitterness of the last couple of weeks would come from the fact that my project, The Morae River, has come to a close. I've decided to leave it alone for now. It's hard to let go of a project that has been such a huge part of my life for the last three years. I feel as though the project has grown stagnant and I've fallen into a "system". Which is always good but I need the project to be more than that. The Morae River taught me so much though. Really, I'm seeing it as somewhat of a jumping off point for my next project. I've realized that I'd rather not be in Solturna. Of course, even though I rarely have time to work on personal work my mind needs a place to go so I've decided to take on something new a little closer to "home".
 
This is a rough banner for my new venture. I'll be posting more on this project soon but for now it's very "under construction". I am really excited for it though. I feel as though it's closer to the project I envisioned in the first place.
Also a reminder that you can follow my activity and such on Facebook now:
I also post sketchbook pages on that page a little more frequently than I do here so check it out! :)
More exciting news coming soon!

This post originated on http://www.fishhookstudio.com 

1 comment:

Trish said...

Aww, I'm really going to miss the Morae River. But good luck on the new ventures!