Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sandalista


Life has slowed down a bit now. Most of my time lately, has gone to unpacking and organizing all of the little things that got tossed into boxes for the move such as these little guys. The silverware bugs were given to me as a random act of kindness not too long ago. Larry, if you ever stumble onto my blog - know that these small critters brighten my morning as I sit at my computer and check my email....thank you.

I have to say that it is nice to rest and re-connect with my living space. I've collected a few "home improvement projects" that I'd like to explore in my apartment. One of which Im really excited about - which Ill have to post later in the week when I get a proper scanner in front of me. 

Im a bit overdue on some Illustration work I've been planning. Im thinking tonight might be more productive since everything has found its place now. Its hard for me to work when my studio and apartment are upside down. 

My first animal I've chosen to explore is the red ruffed lemur. 

I thought the coloring was nice, not to mention they are endangered, which might become somewhat of an overlying trait to most of the animals I choose. Its always the good ones that disappear, not to say the other animals aren't awesome, but to loose something like a tiger is just an overall bummer. Anyway expect some updates during the week on this amazing little guy. 



 

No comments: