Sunday, May 17, 2009

Canyons

Lately I've been working toward completing more illustrations for the "Animals for kids" series. I've gone through and picked all of the animals I will be depicting although if you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them. The next animal I plan to explore is the Komodo Dragon. So far I've been using flat backgrounds to contrast the rendered depiction of the animal and Im liking the results. I think I might try to continue this approach.

John has been working on my websites, trying to get them ready for launch before he leaves for Ohio this weekend. So far they look great and I think they will work out better now that my two portfolios are separated. 

Im hoping to get more sci-fi fantasy workout too. Im also currently working on a piece based on the Totoro Forest Project. Ive adopted the idea and am designing my own Tortoro for fun. Ill be uploading that later tonight or early tomorrow morning.

This week has been hot but full of swimming time. The cats seem to love the wood floors as they stay cool in hot weather.  The picture above is of two parrots I saw in Union Square about two months ago.

No comments: